Are you looking for an affordable yet powerful wireless alarm system for your home? Well, I have good news for you! Today we will review some of the best home security systems.
Alarm systems are an incredibly important part of every home today, especially with all the crime rates that are on the rise. Having an alarm system in your home can help to keep you and your family safer.
Table of Contents
Factors to Consider When Buying Wireless Alarm System For Your Home
If you’re looking to install an alarm system, there are several things to consider before you begin. How do you plan to protect your house?
Read below what are the factors that you need to be aware of before choosing a wireless alarm system for your home:
1. The age of your home: If you live in an older house with many windows, the best alarm system is one with window sensors. However, if your home is new or has mostly solid walls outside the bedroom area where you sleep, a wireless motion detector may be wiser to invest in.
2. Budget for installation: You will also need to know how much you have in your budget for installation. If you are too serious about wireless home security system, we recommend choosing a reputed monitored alarm system company, such as Verisure.
3. The size of the home: If you live in a smaller home with mostly solid walls, it is best to invest in wireless motion detectors. But if you are looking for an alarm system for larger homes with many windows and doors, window sensors would be more cost-effective.
4. The level of security awareness in your neighbourhood: If there are people who might enter and rob the home next door or if it is located near an alleyway, then even with just one zone on a wireless alarm system would be wise to invest this will detect any movement inside or outside of the house.
5. The level of crime in the area: If there is a lot of corruption in your neighbourhood, then it would be best to invest in an alarm system with more zones. This way, if any zone gets breached or someone enters without being detected by one sensor, you will still have another zone that notifies you and lets police know what is happening.
6. The layout of your home: If you have a very large house with many entry points and windows, then it may be best to invest in wireless motion detectors all around the perimeter of the house because they are less costly than window sensors that would need to be installed inside or outside every room.
7. Homeowner preference: You may want to invest in a system with wireless motion detectors because they are less costly, and you can place them anywhere, but it would not be wise if someone has pets or children who often run around the house. It is advised to check whether the system you purchase is capable enough to detect a pet’s sensitivity. It’s best to invest your money into the more expensive alarm system with window sensors instead.
8. Wireless motion detectors: If you live in an urban city with a lot of noise and traffic, it is best to invest in wireless motion detectors all around the perimeter of the house because they are less costly than window sensors that would need to be installed inside or outside every room.
Was that helpful? If so, we still have one more factor you probably thought of or may not, but here it is below.
Why exactly wireless alarm system for home?
A wireless alarm system is the best in a home because it can be installed anywhere and does not need connectivity. It’s also less costly than wired alarms with window sensors that need to be installed inside or outside every room, which will cost you more money! They are usually part of an alarm monitoring package from a company that you can trust, e.g. Verisure.
If you need to know why a wireless alarm system is better than a wired alarm system, we have a separate article that you can read by clicking this link: wired vs wireless alarm system
5 Best Wireless Alarm System For Home
So here are the best wireless alarm system we have picked for your home. We have researched, so you don’t have to, but we still insist you check “whether these are the features I have been looking for?” while purchasing any of these wireless alarm systems.
So without talking much, here is a quick overview of the best wireless alarm system for the home:
As you might be thinking, why exactly these? Read ahead to learn why:
Verisure is the best wireless alarm system for the home that we recommend. It’s not just because it has everything you need in a security camera but also because of its great features such as temperature and humidity sensors, glass break sensor with outdoor enclosure, emergency panic button, and so much more!
Ring alarms are designed to be installed in every room of your home. They monitor indoor motion and outdoor sensors, so you will take advantage of every opportunity to catch the culprits!
Curv is the best wireless alarm system for homes that need something less expensive. It has many features, too, but what sets it apart from other systems is its capability to detect pets, making it perfect for people who have pets at home!
SimpliSafe is one of the best wireless alarm systems for homes that are easy to install. It’s a DIY kit, so you don’t need professional help, and it can even save your life in an emergency.
Yale is the best wireless alarm system for homes that have been around since 1840, which means you can trust them. It’s a company of hard-working experts in their domain and has great features such as window sensors, multi-sensor detection, emergency panic button and more!
Which one is the best wireless alarm system for home?
Well, the answer to this question depends on some factors we have already discussed above. But if we repeat, here are they again: your budget, your home layout, whether you have pets, and the type of home security you want- monitored or just a wireless alarm system with no monthly fee.
Apart from these, here is what makes a wireless system to be best:
it’s easy to install
has great cameras with storage
has multiple sensors
it has pet sensitivity to avoid false alarm
it has a panic button
last but not least, it has a control panel to control the entire alarm system
So, now you know which one is the best wireless alarm system for home! Just keep these points in mind, and we are sure that you will be able to find a great product.
That was it from our side; I hope this article has helped you find your home’s wireless alarm system.
If it did, do let us know by commenting below; if not, we will try to help with whatever problem or question there is! Have a happy day ahead!